Finally it actually looks and feels like spring on Oregon today. Mid 70's, sunny. So I'm sitting outside, alternately grading papers and avoiding grading papers (like right now for instance). Ahhhhh...
Reached the point in the semester where the amount of work I have to do does not seem to be decreasing at as fast a rate as the time within which I have to do it. But such is every semester. It all gets done. Eventually.
Final week of rehearsal pre-tech for Marat/Sade this week, so I'll be there a bit. And then this weekend and next week I'll be at the tech and dress rehearsals. The show's going well (it is a *big* show) and the grad student directing is doing a nice job. Now we just have to see if it all comes together. Following that, end of the year reviews, projects, finalizing the season for next year, and so on. A 3 week sprint, then finals week, then it's summer break.
Also making offers to prospective grad students for next year. Writing recommendation letters, gearing up for the end of year stuff, and waiting to hear on my possible promotion (which I now know I won't hear about until mid-May...everyone's holding their breath to see how many incoming frosh may deposits on May 1 for next year, which is what the projected budget is based on).
I also got into Portland Ultimate Spring League this year (last year I didn't get in, there's a lottery for the spots for men), which starts in a couple of weeks. So now I also need to worry about getting in shape (although I feel pretty good with the regular commuting by bike I've been doing). Plus I'm old, so...
Anyway, back to work. These things won't grade themselves.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment