Instead of getting all organized and recapping the last year, I'm start with what I'm up to now and work backwards to catch folks up.
This week is the beginning of Portland Center Stage's JAW Festival. It's for new plays, with a couple of different reading series and other events. The big weekend is next weekend (18th-20th), but it starts this week with the Made in Oregon series (new plays by Oregon playwrights) and I'm directing one that goes up tomorrow night.
It's a fun, weird play involving 4 high school friends (now in their 30s and half living at their parents) who get together to play D&D and a mysterious couple fairly newly arrived to town (he's much older than her). The playwright, Hunt Holman, is a guy who's work I like a lot for it's unabashed absurdity.
We cast the show with actors I/we knew while I was in Minnesota (Dad was present for my celebration of a voicemail with the last actor we needed committing). We met and rehearsed last weekend and will rehearse a bit tomorrow.
I'm also involved in the big weekend, as well as going to all the stuff. My company will once again have a table at the Theatre Fair, and I'll curate the Portland Playwrights' Slam for the third time.
And next school year looms, but I'm pretending it's still far, far away...at least until after JAW.
Otherwise I'm still putting the new house in order (a post on that forthcoming). Today I did a couple hours of work in the yard (which heretofore has resembled a small urban wildlife preserve). But then it got hot and I had revisions to review.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Golla,
I want to get involved in your blog! How about I crash at your house for a few days later this month! What better stories than having a brewer crash at your house.
Email me.
omar@surlybrewing.com
Post a Comment